Who we are
John Pegg is a painter working as John Pegg. The website address is: https://johnpegg-paintings.co.uk.
This policy applies to information held about clients and prospective clients, suppliers and prospective suppliers, contacts and all other persons about whom John Pegg holds information. By ‘information,’ we mean personal information about you that we collect, use, share and store.
In this policy, “we,” “us,” and “our” means John Pegg or this website: johnpegg-paintings.co.uk, and “you” means the individual to whom the information relates. We are the data controller and we operate our website https://johnpegg-paintings.co.uk.
Information we collect about you
We may collect and store the following types of information about you when you our site or by corresponding with us (for example, by e-mail). This includes information you provide when registering to use this site, when purchasing online from this site, or sharing any data via our social media functions. The information given to us may include:
- your name;
- your contact information such as your address, email address and telephone number;
- your payment details / financial data i.e. your bank name, account number and sort code;
- when browsing our site, your IP address, your browser type and language;
- information about you that you give us in person, or by filling in forms, such as our email response form on our site, (e.g. the contact us section or to sign up to our mailing list) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise; and
- information in relation to your use of our services.
How we collect information about you
You may give us your information by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email, on social media or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you:
- visiting our website
- receive or respond to email newsletters we send out periodically
- search and link to our website or social media
Legal basis for processing
Our processing of your personal information is necessary (i) for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us; (ii) in order to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject; or (iii) for the performance of contracts to which you will be a party to and in order to take steps at your request prior to you entering into those contracts.
In relation to any processing of special categories of personal data, we will generally rely on obtaining specific consent from you at the time unless there is otherwise a legal requirement for us to process such information.
Where our processing is based on the legitimate interest grounds described above, those legitimate interests are:
- collecting personal information to provide you with a smooth and efficient client experience;
- running our business;
- to make sure you receive updated information on John Pegg’s activities;
- to provide the services you have requested; and
- for our own marketing, research and development.
How we use your information
We use your information to:
- provide information about my artwork and associated activities to you
- keep you informed about work and activities that we think you may find interesting
- carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us
- communicate with you
- administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- keep our site safe and secure
- comply with legal and regulatory obligations; and
- for security and to check your identity.
Will we share your information with third parties?
Except as expressly set out in this policy we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
The personal information you provide to us may be shared with the following categories of companies if this is necessary to provide you with our services, such as mailing and dispatch services, responding to your inquiries or for any of the purposes described in this policy:
- third party companies,
- service providers, or
- affiliated companies.
We may also share your personal information with:
- law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties if we are required by law to do so; and
- other business entities should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity, or if we undergo a re-organisation with that entity.
At any time, you have the right:
- to request access to or a copy of any personal data which we hold about you;
- to rectification of your personal data, if you consider that the information we are holding is inaccurate;
- to ask us to erase your personal data, if you consider that we do not have the right to hold it;
- to withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data (to the extent such processing is based on previously obtained consent);
- to ask us to stop or start sending you marketing messages as described below in the marketing section;
- to restrict processing of your personal data;
- to data portability (moving some of your personal data elsewhere) in certain circumstances;
- to object to your personal data being processed in certain circumstances; and
- to not be subject to a decision based on automated processing and to have safeguards put in place if you are being profiled based on your personal data.
Any request from you for access to or a copy of your personal data must be in writing and we will endeavour to respond within a reasonable period and in any event within one month in compliance with data protection legislation. We will comply with our legal obligations as regards your rights as a data subject.
We aim to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate at all times. To assist us in ensuring that your information is up to date, do let us know if any of your personal details change at the following email address email@example.com.
Where you are one of my customers or have otherwise agreed to be contacted for marketing we may use your personal information to send you information about my work or events, usually via an email newsletter or pdf attachment. You can stop receiving marketing messages from me at any time by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any email we send you.
You also have the option of “unsubscribing” from our mailing list at any time thereby disabling any further such e-mail or other communication from being sent to you by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will action any opt out request from you without delay.
How long will we keep your information?
We will only keep the information we collect about you for as long as required for the purposes set out above or as required to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject. This will involve us periodically reviewing our files to check that information is accurate, up-to-date and still required.
Where we are permitted to send you direct marketing communications we may retain your contact information necessary for this purpose, for as long as you do not unsubscribe from receiving the same from us. If you opt out from marketing, we will retain your information to enable us to respect your wishes to not be contacted for marketing purposes.
Security and storage of your information
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA“). For example if the internet service provider hosting this website is outside of this area.
When we, or our permitted third parties, transfer your information outside the European Economic Area, we or they will impose obligations on the recipients of that data to protect your information to the standard required in the European Economic Area or otherwise require the recipient to subscribe to international frameworks intended to enable secure data sharing. In the case of transfers by us, we may also transfer your information where: (i) the transfer is to a country deemed to provide adequate protection of your information by the European Commission; or (ii) where you have consented to the transfer.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. The “Help” or “Internet Settings” functions within your browser should tell you how. Please be aware that that if you select to refuse or restrict cookies you may be unable to access certain parts of our site. You can find more information about cookies at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our site in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes; these cookies cannot be used to identify individuals.
Links to other sites
Certain features of our site will allow for social networking. You should ensure when using these features that you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be sent, collected or used by other users, such as profile details or e-mail address.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addressed to: email@example.com
If you have any concerns about our use of your information, you also have the right (as a UK resident) to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office, which regulates and supervises the use of personal data in the UK, via their helpline on 0303 123 1113.
Children under 14
We do not intentionally collect any information on children under 14 years of age. We will undertake to delete any details of such users where a parent or guardian has notified us that any such details have been obtained.
Changes to this policy
Any changes we make to our policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our policy.
Queries or further information
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries about the use of data by Positive Image, particularly if you have any questions or requests about the use of your personal data.
This policy was last updated on 28/08/2018